Friday, November 2, 2007

Various Stuff

I've determined that I need to go ahead and redo the kerchief part of the steuchlein. It wasn't a difficult decision to come to, but doing it won't happen until after I get the wulst done. I'm going to try going to a few more classes and get some more experience under my belt before attempting to make a wulst, though I will say that it looks like quite a few modern people wear them without one, at least if they are doing earlier period construction. Go figure, I need to do more research.


Next month's roundtable is centered on shoes, boots and pattens, so maybe I'll do more work and research on those and kill the wulsthaube for a while. I feel a bit saturated on it at present time as it is. Hopefully, shoes will be more reasonable, but I'm not counting on it. Poulaines and pattens. The pattens are going to be a pretty challenge, but hopefully the poulaines won't be so bad. I'm going to start with the Poor People's Poulaines and work my way up to something better. The pattens, on the other hand, are going to be rough, I think. I don't have proper wood working tools to get the job done, so either is long and completely by hand (ick) or I wait and have K.C. build me what I need. I have pics of it, but for now, I'll leave that for later.


I'm still working on Jacque's hemd, but there are a few projects going right now, that I'm falling a little behind. I guess it's a good thing I didn't actually set a goal for it. ;) But I'm still working on it. I figure I'll take it with me to Crown as something to do.


As a side note, NaNoWriMo is running this month, so I might be a bit worded out before I even get to making entries here. Hopefully it won't affect things too badly, but we'll see as the month progresses. For now, I'm ahead on my word count, so I can breathe a little easier.

No comments: