Friday, February 22, 2008

Hemd, in miniature

I've determined that the only way I'm going to learn much of anything about clothing construction is if I just do it. Normally this comes with horrid results, but like with any art form, it takes practice. I don't practice enough, so I'm going to remedy that by making a hemd in miniature. Yup, rather than spend the time goofing up a full-sized hemd for either myself or my husband and possibly making a mockery of all that material, I'm going to make one for my daughter. She needs garb too!

With this in mind I'm going to use drawings I found on the German Ren Group. I've supplied the images here for easy reference.


Seems easy enough, right? We'll see. I'm going to try to take blow-by-blow pics as I go along to help those others of us who are clothing ignorant. :D Happy sewing!



2 comments:

elfchen said...

Here is a very good researched site:

http://www.pleatworkembroidery.com/

Look at handouts!

Khaentlahn said...

I've been to their site before, but I hadn't seen the handouts. Thanx! :D