Thursday, September 15, 2011

German Clothing Inventories

I actually found some clothing inventories online!  I'm not sure what people use as search terms to find these things.  Plenty of people discuss them, but I never seem to find them available for online perusal.  That is, until I stumbled, quite literally, across jillwheezul's blog. (I don't even remember my original search stream.)  These are simply fabulous and I have linked to all the ones that are pertinent to what I'm studying.

Some 15th Century Paternosters from Inventories
Henry VIII meets Emperor Maximilian in Picardy  (c1513)
A 1526 Nürnberg Wedding Record - Part 1
A 1526 Nürnberg Wedding Record - Part 2
The Bishop's Kitchen circa 1526 
Bishop's Inventory Strassburg 1528 
Graf of Henneberg 1532 inventory - Part 1
Graf of Henneberg 1532 inventory - Part 2
Kitchen/Dish/Cellar Inventory of Dannenberg 16th century (c1538) 



No comments: