What: A&S 50 Challenge
When: Between now and 1 May 2015, AS 50
Why: Because it is a marvelous celebration of a landmark date in our Society's history.
How: In the only way I know how, a day at a time.
My list for the A&S 50 Challenge comes from the Persona Challenge [*making/learning 50 different things that your persona would know, have, or know how to do]... In no particular order!
- Learn just enough Early New High German to attempt some period manuscript translations
- Translate 5 recipes from Das Kochbuoch Gehört der Funckfraw Maria Stenglerin Zu (1554)
- Make 1 of the recipes I've translated
- Translate 5 more recipes from Maria Stenglerin's kochbuch
- Make 1 of the new recipes I've translated
- Make a set of poulaines for my daughter
- Make a set of Landsknecht shoes for my husband
- Make a set of points for my husband's Landsknecht kit
- Learn how to make period pattens
- Determine the 'periodness' of canteen style drinking vessels
- Make a girdle book casing
- Design a period encampment for German Renaissance personae
- Produce 1 piece of furniture for a period encampment (yet to be determined but likely a stool of some sort)
- Produce 1 embroidered pillow for a period encampment (perhaps for the stool)
- Teach a class to at least 1 person
- Teach a class to at least 10 people
- Teach a class about the German Renaissance to at least 5 people