Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mitered Corners

Though I know I've had people tell me about how to do corners, they don't mentally make a heck of a lot of sense, so I found directions as follows:


To sew a mitered corner with all edges enclosed, press under 1/4 inch all around the cut square. Then fold in another 1-1/2 inch and press again. With the 1/4 inch fold still intact, open up the 1-1/2 inch fold and make a diagonal fold on the corner, matching up the creases from the first fold. With right sides together, pin this fold together so that you are sewing on the diagonal with small stitches. Cut out the excess in the miter. Turn corners right side out. Topstitch close to the pressed edge.


I'm going to attempt this on my cotton steuchlein, but I'm not totally sure I'll know how to do it correctly.

No comments: