Monday, September 17, 2007

Pleat Put-Off

I've put off working on the steuchlein, but I think what I'm going to do is get a metal yard stick and try doing the pleats that way. Not sure how that will work really, but hopefully it'll help. I figure if I take a piece of cardboard, cover it in material and use it to pin my steuchlein down as I figure out the pleats, hopefully it will make even straight lines. Judicious use of an iron would likely help as well. Nothing like learning and going completely from scratch, right? :D I've seen a contraption that ppl use to make pleats, but whether that would have been used is beyond my research right now. Since I don't exactly have one, that's a rather moot point as it is. At any rate, I'll get the yardstick and see what that does for me.

No comments: