Sunday, October 14, 2007

Material!

We went to JoAnne's today to get a metal yard stick for making my steuchlein pleats even. I suppose that's cheating, but hey, who knows really what they did in period. At any rate, while there, (incidentally, we had to get the metal ruler at Michael's) we found some really nice light weight 100% wool on sale. Suit weight is how they termed it. They had a lovely cream, about 4.5 yards, and a really deep brown, about 7.75 yards. Normally they were 14.99 a yard, but the sale was 40% off, so I bought it all for 8.99 a yard. I haven't, as of yet, been able to find them cheaper online, so hopefully we made a good purchase. :) These will be used for future kleid (or dresses) and hosen since they weren't in colors that would work for my husband's landsknecht unless we overdyed the cream, but that might be a waste... We'll see tho.

No comments: