Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sumptuary

In an effort to search for the sumptuary laws governing the Germanic aspects of Medieval Europe, I have run across another "institution only" website containing journals that would hopefully have information I could utilize. Project Muse appears to be accessible through the University of Kansas and the piece which I'm attempting to read is Jaritz, Gerhard "Ira Dei, Material Culture, and Behavior in the Late Middle Ages: Evidence from German-speaking Europe" Essays in Medieval Studies - Volume 18, 2001, pp. 53-66 West Virginia University Press. Maybe I can find someone there that can acquire this information for me. This is a little frustrating tho.

Fashion, Sumptuary Laws, and Business, Herman Freudenberger, The Business History Review, Vol. 37, No. 1/2, Special Illustrated Fashion Issue (Spring - Summer, 1963), pp. 37-48doi:10.2307/3112091 [JSTOR]

I'll do more research on sumptuary laws later, but I wanted to get this down before I lost track of it. All these "journals" online at expensive prices are a pain in the neck.

No comments: