Thursday, October 11, 2007

Playing Cards

Most of my information for this research was done at home and I, unfortunately, am at work at present time (bad me), but I wanted to remind myself to put the research up here, so here's my reminder! So as not to make this post totally useless...

History of Playing Card Printing

Also, I have an article entitled "The 'Stuttgarter Kartenspiel': Scientific Examination of the Pigments and Paint Layers of Medieval Playing Cards", which is very very excellent and very detailed. It is a study in conservation of a 1430 German pack of cards. With it, I'm going to attempt, at some point, to create a set of playing cards myself. :D If anyone would like a copy of the article, let me know and I'll send it to them. Just leave a comment to that effect and I'll be more than happy to pass it along. Share the information!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Hi,
I'd love a copy of that article and any other info on period playing cards you might have. My email address is donrah01@student.uwa.edu.au
I've been wanting to make my own deck for a couple of years now but just haven't gotten round to it yet! Finding your site has been the prod into renewed action I've been needing... Thanks :)