Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Trestle Table

I have found these trestle tables in more than one drawing, but I'm afraid I'm unable to find them at present time. I'll do more research and find period art containing these tables. At any rate, this will make for a good period table.

http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/PeriodTable.htm - [This link is currently broken, but I did find the page at the Wayback Machine.]

[Picture added later, but I don't know if this could be utilized for German or not, but it's from a 15th century manuscripted entitled How a Man Schall be Armyd at his ese when he schal fighte on foote. The title alone leads me to believe it's not German, but I did find a German piece that is unfortunately in a PDF file that I need to find elsewhere. It's entitled Three Apes Building a Trestle Table, 1480-1500 German, stained glass from The Cloisters Collection]

No comments: